Monday, March 14, 2005

No bike

I sold my road bike last week and I ordered another one. My timing was sorta off because I won't get my new bike until the first of April. So, I am without a road bike right now. I guess it isn't that big of a deal since I haven't ridden on the road in about 3 weeks. I have been on my mt bike twice during that 3 weeks. In other words, I have NOT been riding. I have been running, though. We are up to 4 miles three to four days a weeks. My goal is 5 days this week. That will put me at 20 miles for the week. Not too bad, I would like to get on my bike some too. Maybe a mt bike ride at Elk City to pre-ride the course for the race this weekend. I have never done a "real" mt bike race. I have done 12 Miles of Hell twice, but I don't know if that is considered a "real" mt bike race. So, this weekend will be an experience, for sure. I don't have a NORBA license yet and Charles told me to just buy my license at the race and get an expert license. I can tell you that my "skills" are not expert level. I think my fitness is, but that is where it ends. For example, I wore my brake pads completely down to the metal at 12 Miles because I braked down everything. I mean EVERYTHING!!! Another example, Charles said, "did you ride down the Kevinator at 12 Miles." I said, "no, I walked." He said, "you could have ridden the easy way down, instead of walking the Kevinator." I said, " I know, I walked the easy way down!" The last example, at registration I was talking to this guy from Tulsa that races road and cyclocross, Nathan. I got my race number and I asked him, "what side does the number go on?" He laughed and said, "this isn't road racing, retard, it goes on the front of your bike, not on your jersey!" Okay, three examples why I maybe should not be racing expert. But what the heck, I might as well give Becky someone to race against, huh? :-) I know she gets tired of racing herself.

We spent all weekend moving. We moved everything out of the garage, the attic and the storage shed into a storage locker. We have so much crap! It's a good thing Charles was there because I would have just thrown everything away and we wouldn't have needed storage. I guess we'll start moving into my house shortly. We have to be out of Charles' house on March 28. It looks like we are going to be busy the rest of the month. Maybe I can start racing road in April.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home