Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hit and Run

Well, I rode the river during lunch and it was a great ride. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining. What more could I ask for? Except .31 miles from my office I got hit by an SUV. I was setting at a stop light and this car was honking at me from behind. I don't know what exactly they wanted me to do about the red light. It's not like I can make it turn green. I guess they wanted me to move out of the way. Like I'm supposed to ride on the grass or something? So I threw my hands up in the air! The light turned greed and I clipped in my pedal and started making my right turn into the office park. I heard the engire roar and felt the hit. My bike slid out from under me and I slid across the road. Luckily, I was only going 10 miles an hour and the car was just excelerating. Otherwise it could have been really bad. I jumped up as fast as I could to get the tag #, but I am not sure I saw it correctly. I was a little shaken up. So, I called the police as soon as I got in my office and my police officer buddy, Rick, answered the phone (lucky me)! He did an accident report and he came out to my office and took some pictures of my scrapes, both on my body and my bike. He ran the tag # that I thought was correct and it was not a match. So, be on the lookout for a black Expedition trying to run you off the road. And Rick told me that it was awfully hard to see the bangs on my bike due to all of the dirt and mud caked on it! I thought that was pretty funny, especially coming from a guy who washes his entire bike with a toothbrush after every ride! (lol)

3 Comments:

Blogger Miranda Quigley said...

Channel 5 is doing a story tonight. I'm meeting them at the Boat House along the river at lunch for an interview!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are OK. Hope the bike is also. I heard your crash was in the area of I-40 and Meridian is that true??

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are OK. Hope the bike is also. I heard your crash was in the area of I-40 and Meridian is that true??

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home