Wednesday, February 23, 2005

New Job

Today is my second day, first full day, at my new job. It is pretty laid back here and everyone is really nice and very helpful. Best of all, there is no dress code, except for days I am in court, of course. Also, I don't have to clock-in and clock-out. It is almost like I am a real attorney, finally! Yesterday was the receptionist's birthday so we went to lunch at Cimarron Steakhouse. Steak for luch on my first day and the boss-man paid for it, SWEET!!! I am a real attorney for sure.

Riding recently has kinda sucked for me. Sunday was a beautiful day and I felt like I had lead in my butt all day. We took off from Buch's in Norman and headed toward Chickasha. Once again, an hour-and-a-half into the the ride, everyone turned around. That left 7 of us to keep on trucking. The pace picked up substantially as did the hills. I was struggling to stay attached and finally ended up getting dropped. I limped in to the gas station where Steven told me they were stopping and I was so frustrated. Sometimes I feel like I am just wasting my time on that bike. Somedays it feels like I am going backwards and that all this riding is only making me slower. Anyway, there I was 30 miles from Norman, tired and frustrated as hell, debating on whether I should just call someone to come get me because I really did not want to get back on my bike. I ended up back in the saddle and trying like Hell to not get dropped. Well, Eric M and little Jacob decided they needed to see who was the fastest (dumb little boys) and I got dropped, AGAIN. But thankfully, Charles stayed back with me and he didn't even say a word. He knows not to talk to me when I get frustrated. He's a smart man, by the way. So he towed me up and down the hills into Washington and then the flatland had arrived. HOORAY! All of a sudden I felt ok again and we rode back into Norman. We walked over to this healthy pita place on Campus Corner and sat on a park bench and ate lunch. It was nice to be off the bike and hanging out in the beautiful weather. It was 70 degrees and sunny. I even got some tan lines from the ride. Tan lines in February-that is almost unheard of in Oklahoma.

I was planning on racing this weekend in Texas for Walburg and Pace Bend road races, but they are so hilly. I don't want to go all the way to Austin to only get frustrated again. Also, my grandfather is in the hospital in Enid and he is not doing so hot. I think I need to go hang out with the family this weekend instead. My dad is also going to be in Enid for the weekend. I am going to try to get in a good training ride Saturday morning and then hit E-town that afternoon. Hopefully, a good hard ride on Sunday will get me ready for Lago Vista next weekend. It is hilly too. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home