Saturday, February 19, 2005

Mt. Scott


Mt. Scott
Originally uploaded by cyclesq.
I went to Mt. Scott today. The sign reads "closed during incliment weather." As you can see, the gate was closed. It was cold, windy and foggy at the top. The ride down was soooo cold. At times, I was only going 18 mph down due to the strong wind. My last time up Mt. Scott, Cate passed me and he said, "you need to spin faster or your going to start going backwards!" I thought to myself, spin, what the heck is he talking about? I can't spin up this thing! Anyway, I climbed Big Rock twice and Mt. Scott 3 1/2 times. We stopped off a Subway to refuel and came back to OKC. The weatherman predicted 60 degrees today. I think we maybe hit 40. Tomorrow they say 70 degrees, so maybe we'll get lucky and actually hit 50!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
My name is Faranf and I am from Dallas, TX. I am planning a trip to Wichita Wildlife Refuge and doing some bike riding up Mt. Scott and some of the other climbs that are listed on a website called www.lasorsa.net/topo/topo.htm
I could not make out some of the roads in the topographical map. If you have done the Big Rock East side and Big Rock West side climb along with the Lost Lake climb can you give me directions on how to get there from the Doris campground which is in the wildlife refuge. Thanks. My email is farangmeher@yahoo.com

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home