Monday, January 31, 2005

Ride

We finally got to ride on a Saturday morning this past weekend. It was soooo cold! We rode to Norman to hit the Buch's ride, but we were late b/c I couldn't find my Assos winter gloves. So we stopped off at Buch's and I aired up my tires. I has 60 lbs in my front tire and 70 in my rear. I guess it's been awhile since I rode outside and needed to air up the tires. Anyway, Rich H (professor) was there on his fixed gear, so he rode north with us. It was pretty windy and we averaged almost 19 mph. It was pretty hard for me. Between the 25 degree temps, the 20 mph north wind and me just being out of shape, I was spent after the ride. What's bad is that we only rode 40 miles!

We found a dog. He is a HUGE Rott. He is still a puppy, but he is already over 100 lbs. He is hanging in our back yard right now. We're looking for the owner. I guess we'll keep him if we can't find his owner. He's pretty cool, though. He likes to play fetch with the tennis ball and he knows how to sit on command. He likes Mr. Magoo and Pepper, too. I bought a red collar for him today at PetsMart so I think I'll take him for a run tonight to see how he likes that.

We also found a house. It is so sweet! It is in historic Heritage Hills, but it is a brand new house. It looks old and has a stained concrete kitchen floor, which is totally what I want. We just need to sell both of our houses.

I've decided that I need to start watching what I eat. Not the whole watch it go in my mouth thing, but actually try to eat a little better. I need to lose a few lbs and I eat pretty crappy sometimes. So, I think I'm going to try to find a good healthy eating cookbook. I found one on barnesandnoble.com that is called "Muscle Meals". It's high protein low-fat type of meals. I am in a rut with my cooking. It seems that I cook the same thing every week. Noodles, olive oil, brocolli, chichen or turkey chili or nachos, or burritos. I need some new ideas.

A legal assistant in my office came by an asked what I was writing about. I told her about the eating better thing and she said "whatever, you don't have any fat on your body." I showed her the roll of belly fat and she jiggled it!!! Now, I really have a complex about it! I cannot believe she did that. I guess a run with the Rott and 100 crunches are on the agenda tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home