Friday, January 06, 2006

more weights=less weight???

I have been lifting weights at the gym for the past 3 months and I have been riding the trainer at least three days during the week and then doing longer rides on the weekends. I cannot, for the life of me, lose any weight. So, yesterday I decided to cut my caloric intake back and see if that works. Let me just say, that today my head is spinning and I am not in a very good mood. This "dieting" thing SUCKS!!! I will be happy if I can make it a week. There is no way I can do it for 2 months. I wanted to be down 6 lbs by the first of March, but the way I feel now, it AIN'T happening! Everyone at work thinks I am crazy because they don't understand the "power to weight" ratio that is so very improtant to being a successful cyclist. So, I am not getting much support for my diet here anyway. Charles understands it, for sure, but he has more willpower than I do and he can go for days on end without eating. I cannot do that. I ate a turkey sandwich with mustard only for lunch two hours ago and I am starving right now. I don't understand. I guess maybe it was never meant for me to understand. But tomorrow we are going to Mt. Scott, so I get to climb hopefully my butt off. And get rid of some of the fat there. And then I have my very last cyclocross race here in OKC on Sunday afternoon. Charles called earlier and said we are going to Santa Fe next weekend. So pray for snow in NM so I can have a good ski trip. We may have to venture north to Taos. I hear there is much more snow up there. Maybe I won't break my arm this time around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home