Thursday, December 22, 2005

Shop til ya drop?

I officially hate Christmas shopping. I have tried to do my Christmas shopping on three seperate occasions and every time, it gets worse. The mall is a nightmare and Target is even worse. I do finally have all of my gifts bought and put in Christmas bags. I cannot wrap a gift to save my life, so everyone gets their gift in a cute little bag. It is an improvement for me because I usually give the gift in whatever store bag it comes in...like the red and white Target sack or the blue Wal-Mart bag. I guess I am not that creative or maybe I just don't care about superficial stuff like wrapping paper or fancy bags. It is kind of a waste actually. I mean the wrapping paper, the box, the tape, the card and the time spent buying the stuff and wrapping it...it is not worth it. The person is just going to rip it all off and throw it away anyway, so why bother wrapping it in the first place? Who came up with this crazy idea anyway? Alot of my family are getting gift cards because I am not very good at picking out stuff for other people. I know what I like and it is usually not the same as what someone else likes. So I don't even try to decide what someone else may like. But my oldest nephew is into the Buckle store. Everything in that place is at least $100. So, my little $25 gift card prolly isn't going to get him very far on the Lucky faded and holy jeans that he wants. And my little nephew is getting a dirt bike from my brother. So my mom got him a helmet, my dad got him gloves and I got him goggles. It is going to be awesome. In fact, I am going to have to go to my brother's house on Christmas night so I can test ride the new machine. My mom saw the bike at the shop and she said it looks so big, but Zakk is 10 years old so he needs a bigger dirt bike. It is going to so much fun. I haven't ridden a dirt bike in a long time. I got my first motorcycle when I was 5 years old. It was a little Honda z50. I rode that little bike everyday regardless if it was freezing and snowing or 100 degrees outside, I was out riding it. I hope Zakk has as much fun with his new dirt bike as I did with mine. I didn't even ride a bicycle at all when I was little because I had my motorcycle instead. We lived in the country so I could ride the motorcycle in the wheat fields and at the creek by our house. The road in front of my house was too dangerous to ride my little pink Sweet Thunder bicycle on and our gravel driveway made if suck when I fell off my bike. The dirt was much easier to land on than the gravel. So, I am hoping to take Zakk's new bike for a spin this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend. It is suppoed to be 60 degrees on Sunday and 68 on Monday. Maybe I will finally get to take my bike off the trainer and ride on the rode. I have not done a road ride since my team camp in Austin. That was like three weeks ago. The trainer rides are super hard. I don't think I have ever ridden this hard during the winter before. My coach says I gotta work on my muscle endurance. So, it is big ring most of the time. My legs feel like they have grown two inches around because of the big ring. Hopefully it will be a good thing. I guess I'll find out in a few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home