Monday, December 12, 2005

Camp

I went to Austin over the weekend for a team training camp. It was alot of fun and I think the team will be pretty competitive this season. Everyone seemed really nice and I didn't feel like an outsider like I thought I would. The riding in Austin is awesome! The weather was almost 70 degrees and all the roads have bike lanes. And the best part....all the restaurants are non-smoking! That is such a foreign thought for OKC. I can't imagine all the crazy people, especially cyclist, who move away from Austin. Austin seems like the perfect cycling mecca. I left Austin at 5:30 on Sunday morning to make it back by my cyclocross race in OKC at 1:00. I made it back in 5 hours and 15 minutes...pretty good time. I ended up winning the women's race and I think maybe 5th out of all the B men. I flatted with 3 laps to go and I had to grab Charles' bike. His pedals are slightly different than mine and I couldn't get un-clipped for one of the barricades. So, I bit it pretty good. The crash was on the last lap, so I just finished it off easy. I felt really good, which is unusual. I guess my training camp ride on Saturday was not quite as hard as what I am used to on the Buch's ride. I finally recovered the overall women's spot now. I think I am up by 3 points. Now I have to do all the reamining races to win it.

Here's a link to the new team: http://austinflyers.com/

I just finished cleaning house and I am off to start cooking dinner! I know scary thought...cooking AND cleaning in one day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home