Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas

I had a really nice Christmas this year. Charles and I went to my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve and then I went to Enid to my other grandparents on Christmas day. I have three sets of grandparents and I was able to go spend time with all of them this year. I also went to my brother's house on my way from Enid back to OKC on Christmas night. It was a full house out there and I was so tired by that point. I really wanted to ride Zakk's new motorcycle but it was dark and he told me I would probably wreck it anyway. I would have felt bad if I would have wrecked his new dirtbike before he got a chance to. So, I'll have to go ride it when he's not around. But I had lots of good food and I tried not to overeat too much. I did a pretty good job of not making myself miserable this year.

I did a four hour ride yesterday in Norman with Smathers and Cate. It was almost 70 degrees so we rode in a short sleeved jersey and shorts...only. Yep, that is right. December 26 and no arm warmers, leg warmers or even knee warmers. And no gloves. It was awesome. I felt pretty good. I thought I would hurt because I haven't ridden outside, other than cross races, since my team camp in Austin three weeks ago. But I guess the trainer is paying off because I felt really good. Suprisingly good. Even at the end of the ride with the hills, I felt good. My heart rate was up pretty high but my legs were ok. So, I am going to keep up the trainer workouts and maybe start doing Mt. Scott on the weekends.

I am hoping to go skiing sometime over the next week but that is up in the air right now. The 12 hour drive to Colorado puts a bit of a damper on things and Santa Fe would be great but they don't have much snow to ski on. And I don't want to break my arm again due to lack of snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home