Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hard weekend

Friday I got off work a little early. I decided to hit the mt bike trails at Lake Draper. I haven't been on my mt bike in at least four months. It was pretty good though. It was a nice break from the road and the trainer. I did not crash at all, which was a huge accomplishment. It started to get dark about an hour into my ride so I had to call it quits. I may ride in the dirt occasionally but I don't see myself doing any mt bike races anytime soon. Maybe 12 Miles of Hell, but that is about it!

Saturday we went to Mt. Scott. We climbed 3 times and my times have dramatically increased since last year. LAst year I could only go about 6-7 mph up that thing and this time I was able to maintain 9-10 mph most of the way up. After Mt. Scott we rode to Medicine Park. We ate lunch at this cool little restaurant on the river. If you get a chance check this out: http://www.medicinepark.com/ It is such a cool little town.

Sunday we did a 9 am ride from Papa's Little Italy. We did 60 miles and almost 3 hours. It was a good pace-not too fast and not too slow. It was a pretty large group so the 45 mph winds weren't too bad to deal with. Sunday night aka New Year's Eve we ate dinner at Shoguns Japanese Steakhouse with Jeff and his gf Jenny. Then we went to Sophabella's hoping to catch a good band. We were a little dissapointed with the band so we decided to hit Western Avenue. The parking situation was not good and everything look way too crowded so we decided to call it a night. We watched the new year come in on tv and then we were in bed by 12:05. I guess I am getting old!

Sunday we had an early 8 am Peter E ride from Jimmy's shop. I woke up at 7:20 and barely had time to inhale some oatmeal. So, I was without coffee at 8:00 and not in a very good mood at this point. Then Peter E made the executive decision to ride to Luther, which is quite possibly the hilliest ride we could have done. So, my mood was only getting worse. Every hill I had to climb was a little worse than the one before. It wasn't that I was hurting bad because I felt ok, it was just that it was early and I hadn't had my coffee and I was just not in the mood to do that particular ride with those particular people. So, I had my ipod cranked so I didn't have to talk to anyone and I was pretty much left alone. I think Charles could sense my good mood because he didn't say one word to me the entire ride. After everyone else peeled off, myself and one other guy had to ride back to Jimmy's up the dreaded Hefner hill and against the wind. I was so happy by the time I saw my car. I think we did 55 miles but I was so glad to be done with that ride. I raced home in my car and took a shower and then Charles and I went to eat India food. I was so tired though I didn't get to enjoy it much. I went home after that and slept for 2 1/2 hours. I was in a much better mood after my nap!

I think today will be either an easy trainer day or possibly a no ride day! I also added this little counter to the bottom of my site so I can see how many people actually read my ramblings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home