Monday, October 24, 2005

The BIG 28

Well, it is official. I am now 28 years old. I know to some, there is no sympathy, but for me, it seems OLD! But, whatever. It is just a number, that is all. Yesterday was actually my birthday. We did an early morning coffee shop ride in like 40 degree weather with a 30 mph north wind. Not really a recovery ride to spin out my legs like I wanted but it was still good. After the ride, I took a shower and did a recovery drink. I wanted to take a nap but I didn't have time. Before I knew it, 12:00 rolled around and I had to get ready for the first cx race. My race was at 1:00 and Charles raced at 2:00. I got to the course in plenty of time to pre-ride and register. It was still really windy and there was a 2 mile stretch straight into the north wind-with no trees or anything to block it from hitting you in the face. It was a very long course, like 8-9 minute laps. There were only 4 women, which is about the norm so I just sat on and spun around. I should have attacked a little and pushed myself, but I really didn't want to go in the wind alone. Yep, I am a wind weenie!!! But I won the race anyway, so that was my main agenda. Next race maybe I will feel a little more spunky!

Last night we went to Bahama Breeze for my birthday. Me, Charles, Joey M, Greg R. and his fiance N. It was a really nice dinner complete with CAKE!!!! I couldn't convince our waiter to sing happy birthday to me though. It was still good. My dad sang it to me on my answering machine when I got home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home