Thursday, October 06, 2005

COLD

So I guess I missed fall. It has basically gone from summer straight to winter. Last week while I was in Vegas it was in the low 80s, so I guess that is all the fall we will get. But, on Sunday it was almost 90 dgrees and today it is 50! That is not normal, but Oklahoma weather is not really normal anyway, so I guess it is normal for Oklahoma. The good thing about the cold weather is that when it is cold in Oklahoma it is mandatory that the wind be blowing at least 20 mph from the north. Or it must be raining. That is what makes winter training so enjoyable. Not only is it butt-cold, but it is windy and/or rainy to top it off. Last night it was cold and windy and raining. So, I went for a run. It was also dark. Since I haven't mentioned it yet, I will now do so. I really do NOT like winter. It is depressing. It is dark all the time. It is cold. It is windy and/or raining and/or snowing. So there you have why I do not like winter.
I ran for 20 minutes last night and my legs are killing me today. I was planning on riding tonight, but it is cold! Maybe I will run again. I am also planning on building some CX barriers and making a CX course at the park across from my house. I haven't started working on CX, so that may be the plan for this evening. My first CX race in on October 23. That means I have 2 weeks to get ready. I guess I should get started, huh?
Monday night we went to the Cross Canadian Ragweed CD release party. It was awesome. They played for almost 3 hours and we stood way to close to the speakers. So all day Tuesday I had this weird ringing sound in my ears I kept saying huh? I could not hear a thing! Probably not really a good thing but all is good now. So the new CD is pretty good. Check it out here: http://crosscanadianragweed.com/
Friday night is the Tall Cotton String Band concert at Galileo's. Check them out here: http://www.tallcottonstringband.com/tc/index.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home