Monday, October 03, 2005

Interbike

We went to Interbike in Vegas last week and had a blast. The outdoor demo was a ton of fun on Tuesday. Charles rode a Look and I rode the new Giant TCR Advanced. It was sweet!!! We rode off course a little. More like all the way to the Hoover dam in Arizona and back. It took us a good two hours because number one, it was up hill all the way back to Boulder City, number two, we had a really strong headwind and number three, we got lost, several times. The people at Giant were not too happy with me at all for having their bike out for so long. But it was so pretty with the mountains and Lake Mead in the background. I forgot to take my camera so I missed some great photo opportunities.

Wednesday and Thursday were spent at the bike show and then some shopping on the strip. The show was good. I saw a ton of new cool bike stuff that I will never be able to afford. But it's still fun to look at, I guess. Charles and I both won a pair of Diadora road shoes from the Cannondale giveaway so that was really great because I need some new road shoes for next season. Mine are a little (a lot) scuffed from crashing so much. I also bought some custom orthoetics from Foot Fitting (http://www.footfitting.com/). Ryder Hesjedal was getting his fitted at the same time I was and Floyd Landis and Dave Zabrieski were signing autographs at the booth while I was getting fitted. They wheeled the machine over to the Hincapie booth because Georgie wanted a pair. So I suppose if they are good enough for those guys, I could probably manage to wear them too!

Thursday night, the whole crew went out to dinner and then to Cirque du Soleil. We saw Ka at MGM and it was awesome. But it was so dang cold in that theatre it made the show sorta miserable. The next day I bought a sweater, just in case I got cold again. We went up in the Eifel Tower at Paris and watched the water show at Bellagio from up above which was very cool.

BUT... the best moment in Vegas had to be the butt-flossing action by Steve. As soon as I get some pictures from Aaron S. I will post them. I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time. It was full-on Vegas Steve mode! What is even better is that he was sober (sorta)!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home