Tuesday, October 11, 2005

wet ride

So last night we rode to Lake Hefner to do our recovery ride and to meet Joey M (aka the new King of the Lake)and it was sunny and beautiful. I put on knickers and arm warmers just in case it got chilly once the sun went down. So we met up with Joey M and he says "hey, do you think it might rain?" No way it's sunny out. He says "it sorta is hazy over to the west. I think it might rain." About five minutes later I felt the first sprinkle. It then began to rain harder and harder. We still had about 7 more miles to go before we got home. My recovery ride turned into a little faster ride because I was trying to get home asap. I made it about 3 blocks from my house when the dreaded wetness got to me feet. Luckily, they weren't completely drenched when I rolled into the garage, so that was good. But, nothing like doing a recovery ride in the rain and in the dark out on the open roads of the OKC metropolis. At least I have clear lenses now which helped out a ton. And thank goodness I grabbed the arm and knee warmers before leaving. It is still pretty gray outside but is supposed to clear off by this afternoon. I am sorta done with riding in the rain for a little while.

CP finally got the web iste up and running: http://cycleok.com/
It looks good, even though he took my picture off the homepage! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home