Monday, April 11, 2005

Redbud

Saturday was the epic Redbud charity "race". It was fast from the start. I felt ok and was positioned well. There were around 200 people in the mass-start 100k timed event. It was a little crazy at first and I thought for sure it would settle down. But, it never did. It was like doing interval after interval. I would be going all out and then have to hit my brakes. It was crazy. I'm sure the 25 mph south wind was the main cause of the madness, but it was a little scary at times. I am surprised there were not more crashes. Anyway, I hung on the lead group for awhile and then I got dropped in the hills. I knew that would probably happen, but I was hopeful I could hang on longer. I got dropped and settled in to ride the last 20 miles alone with my ipod and work on time trialing. I came over a hill and saw Charles standing on the side of the rode with his helmet already off. I stopped and he said he broke his chain. I thought I would just tow him home, but we would have had to ride into the strong wind and deal with the hills, so we hopped in the sag wagon. I probably should have finished the ride by myself for training purposes, but I just wasn't really feeling it. So, we rode back into town in the sag wagon and didn't even make it in time to see the finish. I heard Peter E finally won! I know he really wanted to win it, but he tried to act like it was no big deal. Deep down he wanted the redbud leader's jersey and he finally has it. He is riding super strong so he deserves the yellow.

My plans to motorpace yesterday were spoiled by rain and construction work at my house. We had to raise the ceiling in our garage in order to get a door in the house that connects to the garage. What a pain! Now our electricity is jacked, so we have an electrician at the house today. I will be so glad when all the repairs are fixed. It is like the Neverending Story! Maybe I'll be able to motorpace tonight. I have got to get fit if I plan on doing any races. Otherwise I am going to be terribly dissapointed in myself. The BLN group race is tomorrow, so that is going to be hard. I;m not sure about this weekend. I think there's a stage race in Arkansas, but since I'm not fit, it may be a big waste of time. I really would like a vacation, though. A race in Arkansas is not really vacation material, so who knows what will be on the agenda this weekend.

I still need to post a pic of the new ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home