Monday, May 08, 2006

I did the Tribbey Time Trial on Saturday morning...in the rain and drizzle. I did it on my regular bike because it was a hilly course and I am more comfortable on my regular bike than my tt bike. And it was 26 miles. A little too long to be really uncomfortable. I ended up with 2nd but I managed to beat some of the guys. I really started running out of gas toward the end. It is hard to push yourself for over an hour. Twenty or thirty minutes is not too bad but an hour or in my case and hour and fifteen minutes, is hard for me! I was going along pretty decent and my watts were up high and then Smathers passed me like I was standing still! And then 10 minutes later Steve S passed me like I was standing still and then I got really frustrated. I couldn't go any harder at that point because I was tired but my brain was telling me to go harder. My body just did not want to cooperate. But that is usually the story when it comes to racing and time trialing in particular. My mind says go and my legs are screaming stop!

Sunday we decked the roof of the garage at the rent house. I have never done that before but luckily Charles used to be a pro so he orchestrated things well. But my arms are pretty sore today from lifting the sheets of wood up on the roof. Now we have to put shingles on the stupid thing. I guess we're only half way there. Hopefully we can get it done this week sometime. I am getting tired of all this manual labor. It is hard work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home