Monday, May 01, 2006

It has been awhile. I have been so busy with work and working on houses that I hardly have time to do anything else. I do make time to ride, I guess. I haven't been racing much. I would like to but the money situation is a little tight right now so I can't afford to get to the races. Hopefully that will change shortly. I have been doing local stuff right now. Last week I did a local crit. I raced the B race and did decent. I think I was 6th out of 40 so not too bad. I let up alot with two turns to go. Everyone was getting a little antsy and I didn't want to crash my new bike in my first crit of the season so I let off the gas to avoid going down. It isn't worth it to me to crash while trying to win a local practice crit. So, it was a long sprint after my slow down and I managed to pass a few at the end. I think I ended up 5th overall in the month long series. Maybe next time I''l fair better. I did a local tt Saturday morning, in the rain. I felt terrible and had virtually no power. I have no idea what I finished with. I haven't seen the results but the cold, wind, rain and early start time really did not agree with me. But considering how little I practice time trialing and how little I ride my tt bike, I think it was a decent finish.

My next race is Joe Martin which starts on May 12. It will be my first pro stage race so I'm sure it will be fast and furious. My team is all planning ot be there so it should be a really fun race.

Our sewer line is finally fixed. It has only taken a month and a half so I am so happy to be done with sewer problems. And hopefully our dryer will be fixed tomorrow so we can do laundry at our house for the first time in a month. It is amazing how expensive it is to do laundry at the laundrymat....

And the rent house is near completion. All it needs is carpet in one room and the base boards on and we'll be in business to get it on the market. I sorta enjoy re-doing houses but it is diffiuclt to find the time in between riding and working. It seems I work all week and then work some more on the weekends. I guess it never ends....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home