Friday, April 14, 2006

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I have been really busy at work and have just had way too much going on. The weather is finally nice and warm and I am really thankful for that. I may be able to put away all the winter wear for a few months. The Redbud race was last Saturday and it was 38 degrees with a 30 mph north wind. We started at 7:00 AM and it was still dark out. To make all those things even better....there were only 4 cat 1/2/3 women there including me and my teammate, Beth. So, it really was not that much fun. We rolled by a school about 10 miles into the race and the sign said it was 44 degrees and then on our way back into OKC with about 10 miles left in the rae, the same school sign said it was 42 degrees. Anyway...it was cold and super windy. I felt like crap. I'm not sure it was due to the cold, the wind, the early start or the hills, but I was not having a good day. I was happy that I didn't get dropped completely. When I did get dropped, I was able to motor and catch back on...until the last climb to the finish anyway. I ended up 3rd and my teammate got 1st. I lost it at the end. I think I actually just gave up. It was one of those, "at this point I really don't care...I just want the pain to stop... kinda things!" Oh well, we made some money and that's about it. My teammate did bring my new bike up from Austin so that was very cool. I took it out last night for the first time on the Thursday night Norman ride and it felt pretty good. It will be better after a few minor adjustments but all in all, it is great! And Wednesday night I did a time trial. It was my first tt this year and I think I did pretty decent considering I am not a great time trialist and I don't ever practice it. I did the men's B race but I haven't seen the "official" results yet. I think I went as hard as I could because about 4 miles into it I felt like I was going to vomit. Then at the 6 mile point I actually did vomit a bit and I had to spit it out and luckily I had Gatorade on my bike to mask some of the taste of the vomit. Then at the 8 mile point I starting getting bad stomach cramps and I was praying that I would not full-on vomit. I made it one more mile and stood up to sprint and I was hoping to keep my lunch down. I managed to not make a huge mess but I felt like complete poop when I finished. Aaron told me I was white as a ghost and I did not look to great. So, either I got an instant touch a flu that immediately went away when I finished or I just went so hard that I made myself sick. Now that I think of it....maybe I should start practicing my tt skills so I don't make myself sick every time I have to do a tt?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home