Wednesday, February 22, 2006

BRRRRR

It is cold. Not so much today, but from last Friday until yesterday, it has been cold. The ground has been covered in ice and the roads are slushly. So, I have not ridden outside since last Wednesday. I have instead been riding my trusty trainer. Yesterday, I finally bought a Power Tap. Charles hooked it up last night and I rode an hour with it. We downloaded all the info on the computer and Charles analyzed it all for me. I was somewhat annoyed with the whole thing. I think maybe it was better for me NOT to know what little watts I am pushing. It was a little bit of a blow to my psyche. But I am going to race with it this weekend and then see where I am. I know I go alot harder and push myself more in a race than I do on the trainer.

We have been recording the Tour of California with TEVO. And again, I am annoyed with that. Apparantly the Gonzaga basketball game ran about 15 minutes late and pushed the race back. So, we didn't get the final sprint. I mean we got all the way to the final 800 km point where the lead outs were starting and then it was done. Recording over! I really wanted to watch Brad Huff take 4th in the sprint. But, Tevo had other plans. So, last night I set it to go 30 minutes longer than the actual program so this little mishap doesn't happen again.

And today is Wednesday. Hump day to be exact. My high school basketball coach used to always say that. I always thought it sounded funny, but then again, I was in high school so pretty much everything sounded funny. He always said that if you get over the Wednesday hump, the rest of the week is downhill for the weekend. And our practices were always super hard on Wednesday. We would go easy Monday and hit it a little harder on Tuesday and then all out on Wednesday. Thursday was easy recovery and then we had games on Friday. So, I guess I need to go hard on my bike today, just because it is hump day. And I am racing this weekend.

My teammate, Beth, raced Valley of the Sun in Phoenix last weekend. She did a little race recap with some pictures on our team web-site. So you should check it out at: austinflyers.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home