Friday, February 17, 2006

I have been religiously watching the Olympics every evening and last night was no different. I generally like all the events and have a tremendous amount of respect for all the athletes. However, last night I had a difficult time watching the men's figure skating. I guess it was the "long program" or whatever. But it was way too long to hold my attention. I found it odd that that these guys fell so many times. And toward the end of their program the commentators would say, "oh he is so tired". I mean don't these guys practice and train constatnly for these types of competitions? I watched Apollo Ohno in the speedskating and he was hardly even breathing. And even after the snowcross final, Seth Wescott was not that winded. Maybe I am just not understaning the whole dancing on ice thing. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't ice skate to save my life. I mean, I have never been on ice skates and I haven't been been on roller skates since I broke my arm in the 4th grade during a birthday party at Skatetown. So, I'm sure it is a difficult task. But...why so many falls? I just don't get it. Maybe it is just the pressure of competing in the Olypics that the nerves just get the better of you. Maybe I just don't like seeing guys in frilly, lacy, purple skinsuits either. Although I have enjoyed most of the other guys in their skinsuits, like Bode Miller and Apollo Ohno. Theirs don't have ruffles on them though. Although I think Bode could pull off the purple ruffles....

1 Comments:

Blogger Miranda Quigley said...

Ok, but I'm going to need my purple skinsuit with the lace and ruffles back from when you borrowed it last week. And you better not have stretched it out....

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home