Friday, February 10, 2006

I haven't been riding much since camp. I rode easy on the trainer Tuesday night while watching Duke and North Carolina play basketball. It was an awesome game. Duke wasn't firing on all cylinders but they won anyway. So, I was happy for that. I felt like poop though on my bike. I was not really tired but I was so sleepy. I thought I actually could take a nap while riding. I cut it short with only 45 minutes because I just really didn't want to be riding. I wanted to lay down and watch the game instead. And then Wednesday, I didn't ride at all. Charles scored tickets to the Hornets v. Seattle Supersonics NBA game and I was not turning that down. Holly hooked us up with awesome seats. And it was a close game all the way to the end. Even Charles was into it...or maybe it was just the Honeybees that he was into! But it was fun. Last night I rode the trainer again. Except I was on Amanda's training bike. It is like 15 years old and weighs a good 35lbsplus it has the old down tube shifters. It doesn't matter on the trainer, but just putting this in perspective. It also has Power Cranks on it, which is the reason I am riding it. Those things are so hard for me to ride. I realized last night that my pedal stroke really is THAT bad. It used to be horrible and then I spent last winter on a fixed gear and I thought I had fixed the problems. But, there is no hiding a sloppy pedal stroke with the Power Cranks. My hamstrings are so sore today. I guess I need to be pulling up more when I pedal. Something I thought I did, but I guess not. And my left leg needs some tuning. I found out that my right leg is much stronger than my left. Who new? And one more new discovery...you cannot stand up with Power Cranks. Luckily I was on the trainer becasue I would have seriously crashed trying to stand up while pedaling those suckers. So, that is my new training toy, for now anyway. Maybe after a couple weeks it will be easier and my pedal stroke will be better. We'll see....

And I "won" my first criminal case yesterday. Even though it was in city court, it was still a misdemeanor drug charge and I got it amended to a non-drug charge, which was the objective. So, I am happy about that. Plus I got to see a friend of mine from law school while I was in court. I rarely see girls I went to school with. Usually I see the same 5 or 6 guys from law school but this was the first time to see another chic from law shcool in court doing criminal defense work. So that was cool.

It is supposed to be 32 degrees for a high tomorrow. So I am looking forward to a 4 hour ride.....(lol)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home