Thursday, August 25, 2005

Cold sores and such

Well, I have a cold sore and I'm not real happy about it. I am not sure why or how I got it. Or even when. I have been doing some research on the subject however. Mostly I have found that once you are first infected, like when you're a month old, you will always have the virus and can never get rid of it. They say it stays dormant in your body and then erupts basically for no apparent reason. Either sunburn, windburn, stress, injury or many other reasons will cause the breakout of the dreaded cold sore. And the name. Where did this come from? The sore is not cold and it is not cold outside. In fact just the opposite. Why is it not a hot sore? I guess that is where fever blister comes from. So when I get one during the winter, it will be a cold sore and when I get one during the summer it's a fever blister? Ah hah! I finally get it!

My road rash is healing wonderfully. I have been keeping Tegaderm on it so hopefully the scarring will be minimal. My eye is still black, though. Or green I should say. ANd my hand is still pretty tender when I squeeze my breaks or have to push the shift button on my keyboard with my pinkie. Luckily it isn't broken but the soft tissue damage will take some time to heal, I guess.

I had a "practice" crit last night. I was planning on doing the women's race, but then I jumped ship and did the mens. I get a much better workout with the men. Plus, there is no yelling and squabbling during the mens race. So, it was pretty fast at first and then it settled down quite a bit. I was setting myself up perfectly for the final kick but I nearly lost it in the second to last corner. I went outside to pass everyone, like I did on every lap prior to that one, and the whole group decided to go wide too. So that sorta pushed me into the curb and I had to brake. Then I uprighted and my rear wheel skipped alittle. I had to bury it to get back up in a decent position. So my kick was pretty weak at the end. I ended up with 6th out of around 20 guys, so not too bad. I got 6th in the overall mens series out of like 35 guys so I'm happy with that. I would have won the women's but one of the chic's filed a complaint with USCF because she hates getting beat by me and then she took it upon herself to relegate me to last place in the timetrial. Whatever. That is why I jumped ship and raced with the men.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Chica! Raced with the dudes! woo-hoo!
Sorry to hear about the apparent caddiness of said female racer that pushed you to do it in the first place, though. Not cool.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home