Monday, August 15, 2005

Tour of Kansas City

It didn't go so well for in KC this past weekend. Lady luck was not on my side, for sure. I was pretty excited for these races because I did very well there last year. The Cliff Drive Circuit race was very wet. It rained all night and the course was still wet. The very first lap a chic overlapped the wheel in front of her a went down. As luck would have it, I was right behind her. It was on a downhill section so we were going pretty fast. I couldn't stop in time and I ran right over her and then flipped over my bars landing on her bike. My hand went straight into her chain ring and it bled like crazy. I have a nice gash in my finger along with lots of chain grease (that I still cannot seem to get out). So, I got back up as quick as I could but the pack was far gone (I later was informed that some chic attacked right after we crashed--so nice of her, ehh?) I chased for a little while and then decided to just finish it out by myself. At least I could get some miles in and save some energy for the crit on Sunday.

The rest of the day was filled with rain, rain and, more rain! I hung around to watch the pro race and to feed AS. I basically stood in the rain for an hour to feed AS and then he didn't even need it! But I was one of the only people left standing in the feed zone so I cheered him on every lap. I think he was happy for that.

Saturday night we went to Whole Foods (since we don't have one in OKC) and then to this awesome italian market--Cinzetti--I think? It was like all-you-can-eat italian buffet. Just like Golden Corral only 100% better. I ate so much food and it was great.

I was in bed asleep by 9:00 and woke up in the middle of the night to the worst stomach pains ever. I guess I ate a little too much italian buffet!

Sunday I woke up very sore. My right shoulder must have taken some impact as well as my sternum. Both were very sore. And my finger was so swollen, I could barely bend it. Once again it rained all night so the course was wet. I really like the course and was looking forward to a good race. But I was so schetchy on the corners. And on my brakes way too much. I didn't want to crash again and I was having a difficult time in the corners. Normally I do ok, but I was over compensating and way too timid. So I got droped by a counter attack and my day was done. I should have stuck it out and hung in there but I just wasn't really feeling it. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. Those things happen for a reason and there's always another race.

I'm trying to find some pictures of the rain. Maybe www.kimmorris.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Miranda Quigley said...

But lots of trees and other evil things for me to crash into!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home