Monday, April 18, 2005

Training has started

Last week was my first actual training week. I rode quite a bit in the early winter but then I quit riding. This past week was my first intensity of the year. By Saturday, I was blown and my legs were fried. I did some motorpacing on Thursday and felt suprisingly good for the first session of the year. The scooter wasn't going all that fast though. I did a long ride (4 hours) on Saturday and was pretty tired afterward. I took Sunday off due to the level of fatigue I had. Today I tried to do an easy ride, but the dang 30 mph south wind made it rather difficult to go easy. I rode south to the bicycle store too and then rode back with Charles. It was only 16 miles but it took over an hour. The flag at my neighbor's house next door is completely straight! It is so windy. They say it makes you stronger, but it sure does hurt,

I still haven't really raced yet. And I'm not exactly sure what my first race will be. Maybe Joe Martin. Depends how long it takes me to get fit to make the trip to Arkansas worth it. Hopefully, I'll start seeing some fitness in the next few weeks.

Work has been busy. It's weird to have a real job. I have had jobs before, but none with near the amount of responsibility that I have now. It is more like the amount of liability than it is responsibility. I know that if I screw something up, I am probably going to get sued and get a bar complaint filed against and possibly lose my license. None of those things sound like much fun so I am trying my best to not mess up. But, I think that sorta comes with the territory of being a new attorney. It is sorta like racing-there are those that have crashed and those that will crash. With attorneys-there are those that have messed up and those that will mess up. I'm sure that is the case in most people's jobs and really life in general. It's just learning from those screw ups are the ticket.

I am about to blow off my front porch right now while I'm typing so I better head inside. My little dog Pepper sorta reminds me of Toto in The Wizard of Oz. She is all windblown now and trying to not blow away, too! Too bad it is too dark to get a picture of her. It is pretty funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home