Saturday, April 23, 2005

Stinky

I have ridden pretty hard this week, so far. Wednesday night I did the local crit. I did the womens's crit and there were 8-10 women, which was surprising. Usually there are 3! All of the women were on the same team, so they tried to work me over. I am not very fit right now, but I was not going to let that happen. I was pretty worn out by the 10 minute mark due to chasing the attacks and the counter-attacks down. I didn't let anything get away, so that was good. My jump isn't too great right now, but it was good enough for the locals, I guess. The last two laps I was off the front with one other girl, who wouldn't work with me at all. I just hammered away and jumped hard for the sprint. I beat her in the sprint so I was happy. It sorta makes me feel good when I can win on my own with the rest of women working against me!

Thursday night was a motorpacing night. I went for an hour on a pretty hilly route. It was tough, but felt good. I feel like I am starting to get more fit now. I took Friday off and did a time trial Saturday morning. The TT was 8 miles but it was around a lake and super windy. Like 30 mph nw wind windy. We rode out to the TT course, which was about 10 miles and then did the TT and rode home. It was only 45 degrees when we left the house. It was so cold. I thought winter was over. I'm glad I haven't put all my winter riding clothes in storage. I'm not too sure about my time today. I haven't seen the results. I felt ok, but the wind was really brutal.

After the TT, we moved some stuff out of storage and into our attic. The house has had this funky smell for a few days so Charles opened up the vents under the house. The smell has not gone away and only gotton worse. Charles crawled under the house today to discover a back-up in the sewer lines. Unde the house was entirely coated with crap-litterly! It smelled so bad! A plumber came out and cleared out the line but he said the sewer pipe needed to be replaced. I guess since my house in 60 years old, the clay pipes of the past of sorta started to decay a bit. So, it looks like more work on the house or more money to pay someone else to work on the house.

Tomorrow is the Memorial Marathon. It states early and I am hoping to walk a few blocks from my house to watch some of the runners. It is supposed to freeze tonight so it will be chilly in the morning, for sure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which ride are you doing tonite? bln? are you doing worlds tomorrow or the crit? i'm not doing eastside tonite cause i'll get dropped!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Miranda Quigley said...

I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight. Either the BLN ride or I'm riding to Jones with Charles. Tomorrow, I am doing the OKC Velo crt at the airport. It is the last race of the April series. What time does the Eastside ride start?

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home