Thursday, April 28, 2005

Crit

I did the local crit last night. It was windy. Surprise Surprise!!! I rode down there from my house and then my race was 30 minutes plus 3 laps. My friend Becky was there and I thought for sure if she won, she would take second overall. I already had first place locked in so I wanted to help her move up in points. I attacked on the third lap and Becky and I were off for a lap and then this other girl, Angie, bridged up to us. Angie is the chic that is currently in second place. So, it was a perfect set-up with the three of us off on our own. Angie was on the front and I motioned for Becky to go for it. She just sorta rolled off away from us. I blocked a little and then just sat on the rest of the time. Every lap Becky was increasing the gap. I attacked Angie a few times in hopes to bridge up to Becky, but that chic is a time trial machine and I wasn't able to get away. I was fine with that because I knew I could take the sprint. Sure enough, I pulled the entire last lap and nailed it at the end. She couldn't come around, so I got second and Becky won. I was stoked for her. She's an awesome mt biker and I'm trying to convince her to do some road races with me this year. That is of course, if I do any races. There is a race this weekend in Dallas that I'm thinking about. It is at 8:00 am on Sunday. I guess that means I would have to drive down the night before unless I wanted to leave at 3:30 in the morning which is doubtful. Dallas is a cool place so it might be good to get away for the weekend. I want to go to Stillwater on Friday night for the anual Calf fry. My favorite local band, Cross Canadian Ragweed is playing, so hopefully that will work out. I need to get my new red boots from Langstons before the concert, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home