Monday, January 10, 2005

WEEKEND RIDE

Saturday was 24 degrees with a wind chill of 17. I opted to not ride. I wrote it off as a rest day. Instead of riding, I watched The Bourne Supremecy and Dodgeball. Both pretty good movies. I did laundry and dishes during Dodgeball, so I missed alot of the funny parts. Since I didn't ride at all, I decided after dinner to go ahead and splurge on dessert, a 7 layer chocolate cake. It was like eating a giant Hostess Ding Dong. It was soooo good! But of course, I felt terrible afterwards. To make matter worse, after dinner we stopped by my friend Jill's new house. Jill is a body builder. She showed me all of her pictures from her most recent show. I felt really fat after looking at those. She looked awesome. I told Charles I thought I needed to start lifting so I could look like that. He said, "go ahead, but with all those muscles, you won't be able to climb" (Charles' inadvertant way of controlling what I do). Ok, so he has a point.

Sunday, I felt so guilty for not riding and for eating so badly on Saturday, so we did the 8:30 OBS ride from Stars and Stripes Park at Lake Hefner. We got there late, so we had to catch up to the ride at Java Daves downtown. We ended up with 60 miles. It was a good ride, minus all the stopping. Once we dropped some people and got the ride rolling, it was good. I got to ride with my friend Carl, so that was good. I haven't ridden with him in awhile. Last summer we used to do Sunday centuries every week. I miss riding with Carl. He is so freaking happy to be on his bike. You gotta love riding with someone who gets so much joy out of riding. He isn't the fastest, but I guarantee, he enjoys riding more than anyone. He gets sorta giddy even talking about riding. He is trying to convince me to go to Clayton, Oklahoma next weekend to do this epic mountain bike weekend. I am not so excited about breaking out the mountain bike, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home