Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Cyclocross is OVER (finally)!

I raced my last cyclocross race on Sunday. I am so glad to be finished with that. I have fun and all, but I'm getting tired of racing. I need a break. I also want to up my riding hours and that's hard to do when I race every Sunday. I won the overall series and got a nice pay-out for that. Now, I can do my Christmas shopping!

Saturday, I did the Buchanan's group ride from Norman. A nice group of 30 or so people showed up. Due to the strong northwest wind, we rode that way first. About half of the group turned back pretty early on and then another group peeled off about 5 miles later. Six of us kept going and turned back after 2 1/2 hours. Andrea Rat kept on. She said she was going to ride all day because it was nice weather. When she says she is going to ride all day, she literally is going to ride ALL day. I ended up with four hours, which was my goal.

This week I am riding the trainer every morning for 1 hour and then again every evening for 1 hour. I want to do 2 long rides this weekend, but with Christmas, I don't know if I will be able to ride as much as I want to. Also, I have to work on Christmas Eve. I have never worked on Christmas Eve before. I'm trying to convince my boss that no real lawyers work on Christmas Eve. He said, "well you will be working so what does that tell you?" One more reason why my job sucks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home