Sunday, December 05, 2004

Cross Race

It was another mucky and muddy cyclocross race. Today the race was in Oklahoma City. The women started with the masters men, so it was a super fast start. My goal was to stay on wheels and I did that to perfection until the first set of barricades. I don't run quite as fast as the men. It's like I'm in slow motion! So, I was on my own for a lap until my pace-setter buddy Charles caught up to me. I jumped on his wheel and hung on for a few laps until my shorts got caught on my saddle and I almost crashed. (I felt a little retarded today!) After I got my chamois re-adjusted, I was off his wheel. I was feeling a little tired from the ride yesterday and I just didn't have much desire to try to catch him. I just kinda spun around the rest of the race. I still passed a few guys, even the ones who started a minute before me. My second place girl was half a lap behind so I didn't have much incentive to push real hard. I think it is very odd that my second place girl, Becky Gross, is a pro mountain biker and she can't stay on my wheel. She blows me away on a mountain bike, but in cyclocross it is totally different. I am not complaining, I just think that it is odd. Anyway, I won the race today and I am happy about that. I now hold the much coveted title of the Oklahoma State Cyclocross Champion. I think I should at least get a jersey or something, like other states give for their state champions. But even better, I moved up to first in the overall series. I just have to win the next two races to keep my first place position! Hopefully my legs will feel better for those races than they did today!
Tonight, I made homemade macaroni and cheese for the first time. It turned out okay, at least that's what Charles said, but I think my mom's is much better. I even used her recipe. Oh well, at least I didn't eat as much of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home