Sunday, December 05, 2004

READY TO RACE?

Today is the the Oklahoma State Championships. And it is raining, AGAIN! I guess it's a good thing I haven't washed my bike from the last race. The weatherman said it will be sunny be noon, but I'm not holding my breath,
Yesterday, was a nice ride. It was a bit shorter than I expected but I still got in 50. It was a nice pace heading south into the wind for the first half of the ride and then Andrea Rat and her world-class duathalete buddy decided to string it out. For the next 10 miles in was just a game follow the wheel in front of me. I decided to sit up and Steven Cate pushed me back in and said PEDAL! So I hung on for a few more miles and snuck to the back and then sat up. I really didn't want to go quite that hard since I have a race today. I spun back into Norman and a few country folk riding in the back of a flat bed pick-up truck offered me a tow. They threw a rope at me and told me to grab on. I thought that would have been crazy hilarious to pass the lead pack hanging on to a rope behind a old pick-up at 40 mph. But after weighing the safety concerns, I opted against their offer. Somehow I managed to beat the lead pack back to Buchanan Bicycles. I guess I am getting good at shortcuts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home