Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One of my teammates from Austin came up this past weekend and we had two really good rides. We did Mt. Scott on Saturday. My goal was six times but I blew myself to pieces by going to hard the first time up. So, the next four times were pretty pathetic. I had a difficult time doing any drills up it. I was lucky to make it to the top each time. And I was so relieved when Charles said, "okay, I'm done." That was after five, so I lucked out and didn't have to waddle up that thing again. On Sunday, we rode to El Reno, up to Okarche, back through Piedmont and then home. We ended up with exactly 80 miles and we averaged, no kidding, 20.1mph for the entire four hours. Actually, we had 20.5 mph average at 3 1/2 hour mark but we were tired and needed a bit of a cool down on the way home. So, 20 mph average for four hours was dang good.Especially because there were only four of us and 3 out of the 4 were chics.Yep, that is correct. A group of four with 3 women rode faster and longer than most big male dominated group rides! I won the Okarche city limit sprint but Charles got the Piedmont and OKC ones. But, at least I got one of them.

We also had our sewer line re-done. It was such a mess, literally. But we can now flush our toilet and not worry about it overflowing! We had to work on the rent house on Saturday night...after Mt. Scott. It was like torture. All I wanted to do was eat, shower and sleep, but it didn't work out like that. But we are so close to being done with the rent house. Like maybe even this weekend.

I have training camp in Austin this weekend, but I'm not sure if I'm going. I'm also thinking about doing Valley of the Sun stage race in Phoenix, Arizona on February 17-19. But, no decisions yet. I'm sure I'll decide the day before what I'm going to do. At least that is how it usually goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home