Monday, June 20, 2005

State TT

Sunday was the Oklahoma State Time Trial. It was 40 k, which is roughly 24 miles. It was an out and back tt with a good head wind and cross wind. All of these add up to a lot of pain, at least for me anyway. I have never done a tt at that long of a distance before. I think my longest has been around 10 miles. Before the TT, 24 miles didn't seem that far. But after the TT, 24 miles is a LONG way. I hurt in places I have never hurt before. I used muscles I have never used before. I could not even sit down afterward because my butt muscles were so knotted up. It was even hard to sit down to go to the bathroom. I won the womens 3/4 TT, but I didn't think my time was so great. I finished almost 10 minutes behind Andrea Ratkovic. But then again, her time beat most of the guys too! And she is an amazing time trialist, so that's not really a good comparison for me. So, at least it was a good work-out and I have something to shoot for next year.

Part of the reason I was hurting so bad on Sunday was probably due the all the landscaping Charles and I did on Saturday. We rented a sod-cutter and made a huge curvy flowerbed around the front yard with 2 pathways. We then had to roll all of the sod up and put it in a wheelbarrow and lay it down in the backyard. This took all day and completely wore me out. I didn't realize just how heavy wet sod really is. I also got really sunburned. I thought it would be nice to even out me tan lines on my arms from my cycling jersey aka farmers tan, but ended up frying my back and my shoulders. So that felt really nice under the skinsuit on Sunday. But the yard is looking really great. We haven't put any plants in yet, but we're putting in the landscaping lights and the flagstone for the pathways in the next day or so. I'll take some pictures of it when we're done.

Good news of the weekend: the OKC police dept called Charles yesterday and told him they found the scooter. Someone stole his 2003 Yamaha scooter a month ago and it was found at the Arbuckle State Park down by Sulphur, OK. Apparantly they caught some people riding it too. The ignition is messed up due to the hotwiring and the seat is broken. But other than that hopefully its ok. We are going down to pick it up today. At least they caught the thieves who stole it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't Sunday Father's Day?

10:39 PM  
Blogger Miranda Quigley said...

Yep, I believe it was. I called my dad to wish him a happy father's day and I sent a card and a gift in the mail. It's too bad he lives so far away, I didn't get to see him. I can't believe that some people either forget to call their dads or they simply just don't call. I guess that shows you haow much someone cares about their dad when they forget. Notice-I'm not mentioning any names!!!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home