Monday, June 13, 2005

Sick of being sick

I have had a terrible cough for over a week now and it will not go away. I am generally up half the night coughing my head off and I am tired of it! I don't feel bad but I am sick of sounding like a smoker. I don't see how anyone can voluntarily chose to live this way.

I didn't ride all weekend. We decked the attic on Saturday and moved out of storage and into the attic on Sunday. It was so hot and I am glad that is over with. Landscaping the lawn is the next project. Probably next weekend, I guess.

Wednesday is a Velo TT and then Thursday is the Speedwheel crit. I am planning on doing both of those. Even though I feel like poop everytime I get on my bike. I don't feel as strong as I was last year. Maybe that has something to do with working full-time, fixing up the house and just simply not riding as much. But there are other things going on in my life right now that have taken precedent over riding and racing. I feel better when I am riding alot, but it will all come together. Everything always does.

I am curious how some of the pro cyclists do it though. How do you have a full-time job and still be able to take weeks off to go to races. I guess that is alot of vacation time. I don't think I would have a job anymore if I took off 2 weeks out of the month to go race. But, this is the life I have chosen. It has never been my dream to be a pro cyclists. It has been my dream for a long time to be an attorney, though. However, I would like to be as fast as some of the pros. Maybe not do all the races, but still being fast and strong would be good. Again, maybe one of theses days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home