Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Recovery

I am tired! I did the last OKC Velo TT on Saturday. We rode over to the TT, did a warm-up TT, did the TT, did an easy lap around Lake Overholser, and rode home. A little over 50 miles with an all out TT effort. I got 3rd in the TT for the day, but I only lost 1 minute to Magen and 7 seconds to Desire. So I feel happy with 3rd place and I think I'm an starting to get fit. Desire won the whole thing and I got 2nd overall. Not too bad and the pay-outs were excellent!

Sunday was the annual Red Dirt Rendevous at Lake Stanley Draper mt bike trails. I raced expert women and we started with the expert men. We started at 9:30 and it was already 90 degrees and humid as heck! At first it was hard because I was trying to keep up with the expert men and pro mt. biker chic, Becky, but after about 5 minutes of that nonsense I just raced my own speed, which is slow on a mt bike. After three laps and almost 30 miles, I was hot and beat. My lower back and triceps are certainly not used to the mt bike beating. But, I still got 2nd place! Ok, there were only 2 expert women, so I guess I also got last place. BUT I FINISHED! I was so happy to be done with that!

Charles and I rode easy last night through Nichols Hills, which is a very wealthy part of OKC. Easy like 14 mph easy. My legs are a little tired today so I may do another easy ride tonight. But if I start to feel better as the day goes on, I may do the BLN ride for some hard efforts. I want to race in Dallas this weekend for 3 crits, but there are also 3 crits in Iowa. We'll probably decide Friday evening where we are going this weekend. Nothing like last minute spur of the moment road trips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home