Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Weekend

I wanted to go to Texas for 3 crits, but the weather didn't look too great. It showed rain and thunderstorms all 3 days. So I stayed here in OKC. Saturday I didn't even touch my bike. And Sunday I rode 4 hours. I thought we were heading out for 1 or 2 and ended up with 4. I bonked pretty bad so the last hour was not very enjoyable. I guess that is what happens when you don't eat anything for 3 hours on the bike. Normally I am pretty good about always having some food with me, but I didn't expect to be out for 4 hours.

I missed the 8:00 am ride this morning. Sleeping in sounded like a better idea. So, now it is 9:45 and I am on my front porch with Pepper and coffee enjoying the morning. Maybe I'll suit up here in a bit but not for another 4 hour ride for sure. My legs are in major recovery mode after the bonk yesterday.Next weekend is the OK State crit and road race. I won both of these last year, but the competition may be a little tougher this go around. The crit is a fun course, but the road race travereses some of the worst roads I have ever ridden on. So, yesterday we rode 6 or so miles of dirt, gravel and shale roads to prepare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home