Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Back in the swing of things.

I guess racing this past weekend has helped my psychie (sp) a little bit. Even though I didn't do too well, I am more motivated to ride now. I looked at the results today and it shows that I finished 5 minutes back in the crit. No way. The group I finished with was only 45 seconds back, but whatever! It is my own fault for not sticking around after the results were posted to protest them. Oh well! Last night I rode down to the Bicycle League of Norman ride and it was so windy. Like 25 mph and gusting up to 38 mph windy. Chad pulled all the way there so that was good. The ride was super fast and I got dropped on the second long hill. I was in the gutter and just couldn't seem to get out of it. It was a good work-out anyway. Tonight I'm going to do the Ride of Silence. It will kill me to do an entire ride and not talk! I am going to try though. After the ride Charles and I are doing kilos. We are up to five now so it's going to hurt. The good news is that they are relatively quick so the pain is short-lived.

My mom is coming down to OKC this weekend so I am excited about that. She just got email and figured out how to use it so we have been emailing back and forth all day. It is so much easier than calling. I can't imagine back when you had to write a letter and drop it in the mailbox.!

The last OKC Velo TT is this weekend and then Becky has convinced me to do a local mountain bike race. I am so not very good at mt. biking, but it should be fun anyway. At least there is no stress or pressure to do well. I guess I need to get my mt bike out and dust it off. Maybe even pump up the tires a bit, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! could the "local mountain bike race" be the RDR? if so, i'll be preridin it with julie from norman on Friday at 530.

come play in the dirt! :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Miranda Quigley said...

Yes, I am doing the Red Dirt Rendevous this weekend. I guess I am doing the expert race with Becky. We are planning on pre-riding tonight around 6:30 so maybe I'll see you gals out there. I will be the one covered in dirt and blood from my various crashes that will most likely occur-even at my slow pace!!!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home