Monday, July 24, 2006

Thieves!

I absolutely have no need for thieves in my life. I visited our rent house,which we are trying to sell,last Friday and discovered that someone busted one of the windows out and stole the window unit air conditioner. And there was glass everywhere! Then I went home for lunch today and my neighbor accross the street was histerical in her drive-way. She said someone stole her Honda from her drive-way sometime between 3:00 am and 7:00 am. Then I received a phone call this afternoon from the neighbor across the street from the rent house asking if we had a side window air conditioner. I told her yes, it is a big unit with a thermostat on it. She said, "not anymore"! The thieves returned and took that one last night. You know, it is one thing if someone took the a/c unit that actually needed it but it is something else when it is taken by thieves who are going to take it to the pawn shop and sell it. I see so many sad stories on the news about elderly or disable people who don't have air conditioners and I truly feel sorry for those folks. I would feel much better about our a/c beign stolen if I knew they were giving to someone in need. But, I am betting that is not what happened. And what is fishy.....the screen from one of the windows where the a/c used to be was next door in the neighbors yard! Yep, the same 2 bedroom house with the couch on the front porch with 12 people living there and a pregnant pit bull in the back yard! MMMMMM....I wonder who stole the a/c units? I guess I get to go over there this afternoon and file a police report. Too bad I will have to wait in the car since the house will be too hot now!

On a much lighter note, we have a new addition to the family. His name is Ivan, named after Ivan Basso, the doping pro cyclist! Ivan is a 7 week old Boston Terrier. I took him to the vet today and he got his puppy shots and he didn't even cry! He was such a good boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home