Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I started my new job and I really love it. I have so much more freedom here. I mean, I have on jeans today and it isn't even Friday! WooHoo!!!! Charles and I went to Lake Texoma this past weekend and had a blast. We stayed on Tim's (one of the attorney's I work with) house boat Friday night and relaxed out on the lake all day Saturday. I rented a waverunner for a few hours on Saturday and it reminded me why I loved going to the lake when I was a kid. Growing up, my dad had two jet skiis, we had a travel trailer, my aunt and uncle had a travel trailer and my grandparents had a motorhome and a boat. Every weekend, we packed up and took off to Canton Lake and sometime we got adventerous and went to Kaw Lake instead. It was so much fun. And this weekend was like a blast from my past. I would love to buy a trailer at the lake and get some wave runners or a ski boat. If that ever happened, I may retire from riding my bike. But then again, I would go insane and would get fat, so maybe I would just take my bikes with me and ride while at the lake.

Friday night we attended some sort of Oklahoam Bar Association convention at Tanglewood Resort that was supposed to be a BIG party. But that really wasn't the case. It was big but not much of a party. We managed to make it fun anyway but by 11:00, I was ready for bed. I guess I am really getting old! Saturday we layed out on the boat and swam a little then rented the waverunner. I had Charles on the back at first and then Tim jumped on with me. And I managed to throw him off two seperate times going about 40 mph. And it wasn't intentional. But it was so funny! I almost peed my swimsuit becasue I was laughing so hard. It is just unfortunate that his wife and Michele (the other attorney int he office) didn't get to see it. Charles and I drove back to OKC Saturday evening and were in bed asleep by 10:00.

Sunday we woke up bright and early, like 5:30. We had to be in Tuttle for the Oklahoma State Time Trial by 7:30. The tt was just as bad as I remembered it to be two years ago when I did it. It is 25 miles and it hurts so bad. My butt muscles are still sore. I didn't feel very good and the tops of my feet are pretty sunburned so that was not really enjoyable in my cycling shoes. I missed the turn-around point and rode an extra 10 yards passed it. Then there was a 25 mph head wind all the way back into Tuttle. I lost so much time going back. I just felt so bad and my legs were trashed. I finished about 2 minutes faster than two years ago, but I am not happy with my time. My watts were much lower than I anticipated. But I won the 1/2 women's race, simply becasue I was the only one that entered that event. But, I have the OK state TT title anyway. I guess it looks good on resumes, huh?

So, I am still training for the duathlon coming up on July 9. I ran yesterday evening and then did an easy recovery ride on the bike. My left ankle (which I broke in high school and never had it repaired) gave me a little trouble during my run so hopefully it will hold up. It hasn't really bothered me much since I quit running 6 years ago, but last night it started hurting again. I may be re-thinking the whole duathlon thing if it continues to hurt. Tonight I am doing the BLN Tuesday Nighter crashfest ride. The winds are pretty calm today so hopefully it will be a safe ride. It should be a good workout anyway!

Charles and I are selling our road bikes from last year. They are both on EBay if anyone is interested. Charles is also selling his Bianchi mt. bike and his Redline cyclocross bike as well. Here is the link for our stuff: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZleapin1QQhtZ-1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home