Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Saturday morning I was up at 6:00 and on my tt bike by 6:30. We rode to Lake Overholser to do the third and final OKC Velo TT. The top two combined times win. The course is only 8 or so miles and is flat but always windy. It is an out and back course with a pretty sharp turn around. I really don't practice time trialing and I really don't like it much either. I am getting better though. It seems the more I do, the better I get. Go figure, huh? My goal last time was to finish in under 20 minutes. I have never done that time before. My first one was 21:30 ish. The second one I got 20:48 and was upset with myself that I didn't push harder. I waited too long to give it everything. So Saturday I was determined to get under 20 minutes. I was almost to the finish and my clock showed 17 minutes. I thought, "oh my gosh, I might get it this time". So I got really excited and started going all out. I crossed the line at 19:54. So not only did I get my goal of under 20 but I took nearly 2 minutes off my first time and 1 minute off my second time. I was stoked. The results aren't posted yet so I have no idea where I placed but either way, I am happy with my time. After the tt, we rode back home easy and then decided to go for a short run. I have commited myself to do the Draper Duathlon on July 9. I have about 3 weeks to get in running shape. We ran about 2 miles and I thought I was going to die. My legs hurt so bad. And Sunday, I could barely walk. We did a 3 1/2 hour ride early Sunday morning before it got too hot but my legs were on fire the entire ride. Every time I had to stand up on a hill, I thought my legs were going to fall off. It is true, running muscles are not the same as cycling muscles. Yesterday was a recovery ride and I felt so sluggish. What should have been easy was hurting. I am meeting Holly at my house at 5:00 tonight to ride to Norman to do the BLN ride. Hopefully I am feeling better by then. Oh and we got the rent house done. FINISHED!!!!! Charles is meeting a realtor there this afternoon to get it on the market. We cleaned it up on Saturday and it looks amazing! It is a total night and day difference from the first time I walked into that house 4 years ago. I wish I had pictures to show the before and after. It is enough to be on HGTV!

And my teammate, Shontell got 6th at Philly!!! She is awesome. She and Beth are doing Nature Valley this week. They are way more hard-core than I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home