Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Tulsa was for sure Tough! The races were hard but alot of fun. The courses were great, the spectators were supportive and the payouts were unheard of. Not to mention the competition was pretty impressive. The New Zealand National road champion racing for the European team, Univega, was there and won 2 out of the 3 races. Jen McRae and Andrea Hannos (McAdams) were in full force as well. As a team, we did very well. Individually, I din't perform as well as I wanted to. We won the team overall competition so that was good. Shontell took 4th on Friday night. Beth solo'd for 2nd Saturday and Shontell won the pack sprint for 2nd on Sunday. They both did really well. I managed to finish in the money on Saturday in 15th place. Sunday, I was caught behing a crash and never re-attached to the group. The hills killed my legs and it was nearly 100 degrees. I didn't feel too great but that is how it goes sometimes. I am ready for a break for a little while. I am doing some local stuff but that is it for now. No more traveling, at least for a few weeks. My life is sorting coming unraveled and racing is going to take a back seat for now. I have a job interview this afternoon so maybe some good luck will finally come my way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home