Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I got bored with the look of my blog so I decided to change the color. I wish I was a little more techinologically advanced so I could do my own design but I am far from that.

I did the Tuesday night ride last night and there was a crash somewhere before I met up with them. This is the second week in a row where there has been a crash. Luckily, I have not been a part of any of them so I have not gone down and I cannot be blamed for any of them which is even better. The ride was really not that hard but I rode nearly 20 miles against the 30 mph head wind prior to meeting up with the group. So, I was a little tired by that point. I felt pretty good but I kept getting stuck out in the wind. I kept thinking, "oh well, I will get stronger." After a few miles of the cross wind I popped off the back a bit. I recovered and pushed to catch back onto the group a few miles later. At least the ride home was easy with the nice tail wind. I am feeling a little tired today and for some reason my legs are sore. I'm thinking maybe I pushed harder in the time trial on Saturday than what I thought I did. Hopefully I start feeling better for this weekend. I am going to Dallas/Ft. Worth for three crits. The one on Monday is the Texas State Championship crit. I know powerhouse and sprinter extrodanaire, Jen McRae, is going to be there so it should be a ton of fun trying to keep her in check (if that is possible)! :-) Three of my teammates are coming up from Austin to race and Jen is bringing two of her teammates from Austin as well. We are all staying at the same hotel so that should be alot of fun and I am looking forward to getting out of town and racing some FLAT crits for a change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home