Monday, November 28, 2005

Hard weekend

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I went to my grandparents house in Enid and then to my mon's house which is also in Enid. I got to see my brother again and he look amazing. He looks 10 times better than he did in September when I saw him. If you never knew what he looked like before his accident, you'd never be able to tell he was in one. I actually managed to not eat a ton of food. I only ate small portions so I could eat more of a variety of things. But I for sure ate a big piece of my grandma's punkin' pie. It is the BEST!!!

Friday I bought Christmas lights and hung them on the house. That was a first for me and they look pretty decent. Charles was sorta surprised when he came home from work to find the house all lit up. I managed a quick ride too. It was such a nice day that I had to ride at least a bit. I only did an hour and a half but it was better than nothing.

Friday night we went to this new Brazillian restaurant. It was awesome! They bought an old building near downtown and renovated it. The whole upstairs is a bar/lounge with an outdoor patio. Very very cool. It is in an up and coming area of OKC that has the potential to be really cool. Plus it is about 3 miles south of our house.

Saturday we did the Buchanan's Bicycles shop ride from Norman. It was pretty windy but also nice and warm. We did 3 hours and about 50 miles. Me step brother was in a wrestling tournament at OU on Saturday also, so I took a quick shower at Randy Soto's house after the ride and then went to the wrestling match. This is his last year to wrestle at Duke because he will be graduating in May. Hopefully he can go on to the Olympics, at least that is his goal. My dad, step mom and other step brother were in town for the meet so I got to see them, too. It was complete chaos in Norman on Saturday. The bedlam OU/OSU football game started at 2:30, the big wrestling tourny was at 9:00 and OU played basketball Sat night at 7:00. It was a madhouse for sure. Saturday night I was so tired. We ate BBQ and hung out in front of our new gas fireplace. It actually puts out a ton of heat, has a thermostat and looks pretty real. It is awesome.

Sunday the max wind speed was 57 mph. No kidding! It was about 68 degrees but the average wind speed was about 30 mph. I felt like I was riding sideways all day. We rode 3 and 1/2 hours and 60 miles. The group split up and most everyone went back after 2 hours. There were 8 of us who kept going to ride in the wind a little longer. Steven Cate whipped the pace up to 30 mph and I thought my legs were going to fall off. I told him 30 was abit fast for me and he just smiled and took off again at 30! Once he got tired, Andrea Rat picked it up where he left off. I guess maybe I'll get faster one of these days. After the ride we met up with Randy and Smathers at BisonWitches for lunch and then headed to Tulsa to watch Greg Romero race pro BMX at the Grand Nationals. I had never seen a BMX race before and it maybe looks like something I want to try. I mean between Charles and Greg...surely they could teach me how to race. After the BMX races we spun by Ankney's house in Tulsa and then to Fuddruckers for cheeseburgers and milkshakes. They were so good. But the drive back to OKC after eating all thar food was sorta miserable. But a good "full belly" type of miserable.

So, I have verbally commited to a team for 2006. My mind is made up and I think I have made the right decision for me. I'll reveal it as soon as I sign on the line.

And please refrane from making negative comments on my blog. If you don't like me or something I say...then chances are I don't like you and don't care what you have to say anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miranda Quigley said...

This Saturday you should come out for the Buchanan Bicycles shop ride. We leave at 10:00 and it is a really good steady ride. Lots of fun, fun, fun!!!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home