Sunday, November 22, 2009

P90X

It is the off season from racing so Charles and I decided to give the P90X workouts a try.This is not only a new way of working out but it is a new way of eating as well. And eating right has ALWAYS been my downfall. I love love love to eat and I eat whatever I want. I am a huge dessert fan and I love cake! So this diet thing is going to maybe kill me or at least make me very unhappy.

Yesterday was Day 1. We did Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X. The pull ups were really hard for me (only 4 and they were chair assisted)and the push ups were pretty difficult (around a 100 push ups ranging from reglar, military, wide, diamond, inverted and dive bombers). The abs were somewhat easier but only because I compared it to the prior pull up/push up work out. After the P90X workout, we went for an easy mile run. The run was a piece of cake (yum) compared to the workout.

The diet. Ugh, I hate that word. We ate very little carbs and a ton of protein and vegetables. I went to bed full so that was a plus.

This morning I am sore. My chest and sholders are tender and I can feel my abs. So, I would say it was a good work out. No pain - No gain.

Today, the plan is plyometrics and a bike ride. Working on breakfast now.....a protein shake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home