Tuesday, September 05, 2006

No Gateway Cup racing for me this weekend. My dad had a motorcycle accident on Thursday and put quite a damper on traveling too far away from him. He lives in Midland, TX but was in Enid for the holiday weekend. He rode his Harley up on Wednesday and was out riding with my brother, my brother's wife and another friend of his. They were on their way back into Enid around 10:00pm when some cattle were out and got hit by a semi and another vehicle. My dad and brother came up on the carnage and when my dad tried to slow down by tapping his brakes, his bike slid out from under him. I guess blood and guts are similar to ice. So, he slid a little ways down the highway at around 55 mph. Luckily, he only broke his foot and got some pretty decent road rash to show for it. His scars may actually be better than mine once they all heal. But his foot is pretty much shattered. He broke every bone in his foot and damaged one of the nerves. They operated on his foot Friday just to fix the nerve problem. The major surgery will be in the next week or so after the swelling goes down. He'll have lots of pins and screws in there holding it together. So, he is staying at my grandma's house and getting the best room service around.

Since I stayed around here this weekend, I got to enjoy all the rain we had. But I didn't get to ride that much because of it. I did a good ride Sunday morning and then motor paced yesterday. And because it rained all day Saturday, we made it to the bombing memorial museum which is really a moving thing to see. We also went to the movies and saw "Invincible" with Marky Mark. It is a really good movie and Marky Mark does an awesome job and he looks pretty dang good too. We bought a YMCA membership at the new downtown facility as well. I guess we are gearing up for the winter and the cross training and no riding outside thing. It will be here before we know it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home